Friday, April 27, 2007

FRIENDS.

As I sit in the middle of my floor among piles of clothes not sure if they are dirty or clean, which I now think is pretty unhealthy that I haven’t done much washing for a while. I blame the rain and it being winter as nothing dry’s! Anyway I was just reflecting on my holidays and my friends so this is just a little post about my friends and who they are kinda.

I finished year twelve last year at MLC School, which used to stand for Methodist Ladies Collage but has changed as it is a Uniting Church School. I started at MLC in year seven and for a few years had friendship issues but our whole year had issues it seemed. MLC is an all girl school and during year eight I found out how bitchy girls can really be! By the time year nine came around I was freaked out as part of our curriculum was to venture to Broken Hill for three weeks. This was meant to teach us how to fend for ourselves kind of, we had to do our own washing, look out for ourselves, be organised, do our own cooking for breakfast and lunch whilst doing school work and having a good time with friends. As I was having friendship issues I went in a group with five other girls some of which I am still good friends with today some of which I am not. [the photo to the above is part of the third group to broken hill.
l-r top row swetha, alex, ra, zoe, tammy, me, lottie
middle row tash, sapna, tiff, bernie, sophie
standing lessa and michelle.]

I finished year twelve last year and Broken Hill was probably the best experience I have ever had whilst being at high school. I soon fell into a crowd of girls who were just having the best time and did the school work. So they pushed me and I felt like I was a lot smarter then I was! I put my name down for exchange in year ten and the teachers choosing who was able to go happened to dislike me for some reason so I ended up going on the sports tour to America, none of my close friends were going but I knew one girl Steph through a guy from my primary school, so we put our names down to be ‘buddies’ and that was how Steph and I became really good friends!

Steph is one of those people that everyone loves and gets along with. In year twelve she came first in the state for entertainment which we all knew that she would. Though we weren’t that far behind her! Also her art work got into art express which was fantastic you have no idea what a huge assignment and strain she put on herself but the concept and results were amazing. Overall Steph did outstanding in the HSC which was a surprise as it was tough year for her at home as Steph’s mum was diagnosed with cancer which put a lot of stress on the whole family but I’m happy to report that the cancer has completely gone and mrs wise is on the road to recovery. Steph like Ra is also doing the same course but with international studies. Steph and I have soooo many crazy adventures and we document these with photos but at the moment we have both broken our cameras thus life is pretty bland!

I met Ra through my friend Sophie and all I remember thinking was that she was really opinionated, but I suppose that’s why we all love her cause you can always have a good time either when you are arguing or talking about totally random shit. In broken hill I had and still do to this day, this fear of hair in the bathrooms I just thought it was so gross and unhygienic anyway, we were out for the whole day I think we were visiting broken hill high school anyway on the trip back to camp I was busting to go to the bathroom but Ra had the keys to our cabin so Kristina and herself ran back to our cabin and cut some of their hair and placed it on the toilet seat. I was freaked out when I saw it as they made this full story of what it was and I couldn’t go to the bathroom in our cabin ever again so I had to use our friends which was a good two minute run away! These days Ra is partying hard in Sydney whilst going to UTS doing a design in communication course and loving every second of it.

In my year there were two other girls with the same birthday and we all were nice to each other but not the best of friends. By the end of year twelve Sarah and I became good friends. Over the January holidays my mum and brother went away so I was home alone thus I basically moved into Sarah’s house and stayed in her brother’s room. Jenny (Sarah’s mum) said it was like having twins so basically we hung out and she is the evil twin due to the fact she is a bitch to the people she doesn’t like. Sarah is now dating our friend Chris who lived in England last year after finishing year twelve at trinity grammer. They didn’t tell me they were dating which I found quite funny, Bobby told me in our mini deep and meaningful session. Chris is pretty nice and loves to bust out as he likes to call it. He is a promoter of yu so if you need to be on a guest list check his myspace out.

Sophie and I both share the same middle name and the hatred for business studies and the teacher that we had. Sophie is the eldest of our group thus I think she is pretty wise. In some ways she is. Sophie loves music and everything to do with it. I love her taste in music as she loves everything and has introduced me to some bands that I now love to bits such as Clap Your Hands Say Yeah among many other bands. Every time I talk to Sophie she has got tickets to see another band. I never really see her when I come back for holidays as she is too broke to come out or sick to leave the house. Sophie has the wackiest sense of humour and can argue with anyone. It’s really funny when Ra and Sophie get stuck into each other as someone ends in tears because normally they are both wrong but too stubborn to admit it. Sophie now goes to UTS doing something with music.

People who don’t know Marnee and I think we are twins. We kind of do as we have blonde hair but that’s kind of it I reckon. Marnee has taken this year off to work and currently in Las Vegas to see Celine Dion among endless amounts of shopping. Celine Dion is Marnee’s all time idols; she totally loves her in every way. In Marnee’s room there are posters, perfumes, pens, badges and anything else collectable that you can imagine it’s totally insane. Marnee and I have the best time when we go out, we just dance and drink the night away and totally forget about everything that is happening to us. That’s why I love Marnee she is just classic to be around and have fun but also to talk about things that are really bothering you which is a great quality in someone.

Marnee’s closest friend and one of my good friends is Georgie. Georgie is the biggest WWE fan I have ever met. Her favourite wrestler is Randy Orton. I don’t really know why Georgie has this fascination with wrestling but its different and so is Georgie! Most of my group went on a study camp before the HSC so we could learn things anyway it was a crusader camp thus they were talking about Christianity and things so to keep us entertained we did prank calls and Georgie is the best at it I tell you its so funny we almost killed ourselves. Georgie is currently taking the year of to work and earn some money as she is going overseas for a family wedding then going on to see the rest of Europe by herself. I am very jealous of her as I would love to travel but I never got my act together to do it.

I went to the same primary school as molly then we both went to the same high school and now even the same uni but different campuses. Molly is a close friend of mine and she is absolute gold and she knows it. Molly is very outgoing and like me loves to have a drink. I don’t get to see her much as we are both away and both broke though I know we will always keep in touch because we used to be best friends back in the day of primary school!



Holly called me up one day and was all stressing asking if I would come and support her when she tried out for Australia's Next Top Model. She almost got through to the third round but got knocked out for one reason or another. I found it really entertaining watching all the want to be models who were not even that attractive and a few of them were from my school in the years below which was quite sad!!! I never really hung out with Holly during school and she only moved to MLC from Woolich in year eleven so it was hard for her to find a group of friends but we had two tables in the common room and who ever was there at the time during lunch that who you talked to so I got to know her better and now that we have finished school I go out with her and just hang as Holly is good company and a true friend.



My brother Sammy is the biggest brat I have ever met. We fight about everything, we can never talk we have to yell at each other. I do find it quite entertaining but my mum doesn’t. Sam is 17 and goes to Newington College year eleven. We are about 18months and some people think we are twins because we have blonde hair and he is tall. Last year Sam was in a rugby accident and was in the north shore hospital spinal unit for a week all is good now though he was in dark waters for a bit. So now he does rowing and baseball as he cannot do anything physical as something worse might happen. Sam has done baseball since he was really young and was good at it at one stage but due to politics in the representative clubs he and many others were not selected for state so he decided to give up that dream. Though baseball was where we met out good friends the Doyles. On many baseball trips that I had to attend I became really good friends with Ben and since then he has been a really good friend of mine.

Ben finished the year before us with Chris but at St Pats just down the road from where I live. Ben like me still has no idea what we want to do so he is currently doing a carpentry apprenticeship. Last year he was doing an apprenticeship as an electrician but decided that wasn’t for him. Ben is one of those guys that would do anything for you and would help you out if you were in trouble. He is one in a million and I am glad that he and I stayed friends as if we didn’t I don’t know who would come and bust out with us till the early hours of the morning.

When I turned 18 I went out with Ben and met all of his friends, now my friends and his friends are all friends and it’s really good to have a large group of people when you go out as you can just go from one place to another knowing that people you know will be there. At times his friends can be such chat moles but then again so can mine! anyway this photo to the right is a few of the people that are in Ben's group. [l-r. Ben Mikey Brett Mezza Poo Kitty and Davey in front.]

You can view more photos of everyone on my flicker account. There are a few more people I should write about but my fingers are cold and I’m pretty sure this post isn’t that interesting thus ...


Until the next time you want to read some random chat stuff.
xx

1 comment:

Vivalin said...

HAHA! this is cool, I don't even live in Sydney but I know like half the people you just talked about! WOOT! and I have to admit the ones I have met are pretty cool!!
*hearts*